BMW is on a roll this 12 months at their residence auto present and after the unveil of a number of ideas (full 2017 IAA coverage here), it’s now displaying us their future racing automobile. The BMW M8 GTE will debut on the 24 Hours of Daytona in 2018, and can be a part of subsequent 12 months the FIA WEC and the IMSA sequence.
“The BMW M8 GTE is our new GT flagship and can go face to face with the sturdy opposition on this sector,” stated BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. “For us, the presentation of the uncamouflaged automobile on the IAA is the subsequent necessary step on the highway to our first race outing, which we plan to be the 24 Hours of Daytona in 2018. The FIA WEC and the IMSA sequence in North America are a prime aggressive setting for our new challenger. With the BMW M8 GTE, we’re bringing cutting-edge expertise to the highest worldwide class of GT racing, while on the identical time tying in with our custom at Le Mans. The event of the BMW M8 GTE is on schedule, and we will hardly wait to see the automobile difficult for victories in 2018.”
Below the hood, the BMW M8 GTE incorporates a V8 engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo Know-how, which is restricted by rules to a capability of four.zero liter, and has a nominal base output of greater than 500 hp, relying on the classification. The cylinder block and cylinder head are taken from the manufacturing engine and are produced within the gentle alloy foundry on the BMW Group plant in Landshut (GER). The ability transmission within the BMW M8 GTE takes place by way of a sequential, six-speed racing gearbox.
A big weight discount within the M8 GTE is achieved by the intensive use of ultra-light CFRP elements. At a size of four,980 mm and a width of two,046 mm, the automobile weighs simply 1,220 kilograms.
The complete particulars and reside images will be seen beneath.
[Photos: John Hietter]
BMW M8 GTE: Technical Particulars.
Size with out rear wing: four,980 mm
Width with out mirrors: 2,046 mm
Width with mirrors: 2,224 mm
Top: 1,212 mm (variable)
Wheelbase: 2,880 mm
Mannequin: V8 engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo Know-how
Capability: three,981 cc
Variety of cylinders: eight
V angle: 90°
Bore: 89 mm
Stroke: 80 mm
Cylinder spacing: 98 mm
Engine pace: approx. 7,000 rpm
• Composite physique with carbon core and DMSB-approved security roll cage
• CFRP outer shell with quick-change idea
• Double wishbones on entrance and rear axle
• 4-way adjustable shock absorbers at entrance and rear
• Anti-roll bars with fast adjustment
• Six-speed sequential motorsport gearbox
• Electrical paddle shift system
• Restricted slip differential
• CFRP drive shaft
• Sachs carbon-fibre clutch
• BMW Motorsport in-house developed software program capabilities for engine, gearbox and
• Steering wheel with 16 buttons and 7 dials
• Rear-view digital camera system with object recognition
• Excessive-performance headlights with OSRAM LED components
• Reside telemetry system for automobile monitoring
• BMW Aero rims: 12.5×18 inch on the entrance axle, 13×18 inch on the rear axle
• Michelin tyres: 30/68 R18 on the entrance axle, 31/71 R18 on the rear axle