Your daily skin regime may include washing your face with a face wash and gently patting it dry with a soft towel. You might apply a moisturizer if your skin is particularly dry. Taking it a step further, you may also use a skin toner.
People have various skin types – dry, oily, sensitive. Each type has its own set of problems. Maybe you have too many pimples, maybe you are fed up of ugly open pores, maybe your skin gets all flaky and itchy no matter the weather, or maybe even the slightest hint of makeup causes rashes on your face.
Different skin types require different toners. In addition to combating skin problems, skin toners also help you maintain, healthy, glowing and younger-looking skin. But not all toners are suitable for everyone.
Here are some recipes for DIY toners for specific skin types, using natural ingredients easily found in your home.
A- DIY Toner for Oily Skin
B- DIY Toner for Dry Skin
C- DIY Toner for Normal Skin
How to Make DIY Toner for Oily Skin
If you have oily or acne-prone skin, you can try this toner to reduce your skin’s oiliness and shrink large pores. The toner will also help reduce the acne problem that is so common among people with oily skin.
Green tea has anti-inflammatory properties that will reduce the acne, while apple cider vinegar will reduce the oiliness on skin and bring down the pH level.
If you want, you can add a few drops of tea tree oil and/or lavender oil for added benefits. Tea tree oil helps fight acne breakouts, blemishes, dark spots and pimples. Lavender oil has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help fight against acne and inflammation.
Things you’ll need:
- Steeped green tea – ¾ cup
- Raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar – ¼ cup
- Tee tree oil (optional) – a few drops
- Lavender oil (optional) – a few drops
1. Steep a bag of green tea in ¾ cup of boiling water and pour it into a jar.
2. Add ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar to it and mix it well.
Your homemade toner for greasy and acne-prone skin is now ready to use.
How to use your homemade toner for oily skin
- Dip a cotton pad into the mixture and apply it gently on your face. You can also pour the mixture into a spray bottle and lightly spray it on your face.
- Do not rinse it off after applying, instead let it dry.
- Use it twice daily for effective results.
You can store this homemade toner for oily skin in the refrigerator for upto 10 days.