How to adjust garage door sensors? We can call the official site for a good solution. Besides, we can also get the solutions through online forum. We will be able to get the tips clearly because they are served with pictures.
How to adjust garage door sensors?
Garage door sensors are designed to give ease and protection. It prevents the door to close when there are some things in the glide path. The garage door is heavy and strong that it is dangerous to close in sudden when our possessions or pets are in the middle of the path. Garage door opener sensors will help us to avoid such hazardous thing.
The electric eye sensor that is installed in the doorway should work well in responding the beam transmitted by the garage door sensors to make it operate properly. If something wrong occurs to the sensors, we need to align it with several steps. Here are the steps:
- First, we have to turn on the power that makes the sensor on. We can do it by tripping the fuse for our garage. We really to do it first if we do not want to get electrocute when dealing with the sensor. We have to go to our home’s breaker box. Every time we work with the electricity, we will need to always play safe by turning off the breaker first. We do not work with electrical wiring when fixing the sensor but it is always recommended to work safely.
- Next, we have to loosen the screws. We have to do it so the sensors will be loosen for opening a space to slide up and down the mounting brackets.
- After that, we have to slide each garage door sensor to the lowest position without removing the mounting brackets screw.
- When we are done with that, we need to tie a string to one sensor. In the normal condition, it will run across the other sensor positioned in the middle of the door when pulled.
- Before positioning the knot to slide to the center sensor, we have to run the string sensor across the garage doorway. We have to also tie it to the other sensor.
- The last step is to tighten the screws. We have to make sure that it is tight enough to protect the garage door sensor. The new position will work make the sensor work properly.
If those steps on how to adjust garage door sensors is not successful, we have to contact a professional garage door opener repair service.