Very few women are fortunate enough to have a natural hourglass figure.
With advancement in technologies, there are a few creams and lotions as well as surgical options that can help you get a bigger butt and bigger hips to create the curves you desire. But these options are expensive and also come with side effects. Of course, there are padded panties, but they look a bit like grannie panties, right?
If you want to get a curvy body the natural way, it is definitely attainable. Two things are critical: exercise and a good diet.
Without a good diet, you will not be able to build muscle. Without exercise, you will not see results, and moreover, you may start putting on weight.
Here are some of the ways to get a bigger butt and wider hips fast and naturally.
1. Side Lunges
Any kind of lunges are good for your butt and hips. However, the side lunge is a little more effective because it utilizes the muscles in your hips.
This type of lunge also allows you to work your glutes and thighs, while targeting the major muscles of the lower body. Plus, side lunges limit the impact on the knees.
- Stand straight with your feet and knees together.
- If comfortable, hold a pair of dumbbells.
- Take a large step with your right foot to the right side.
- Slowly lunge toward the floor, without the right knee extending past your toes and keeping your left leg relatively straight.
- Now, push off using your right foot to return to the standing position.
- Repeat the same process with the other side.
- Do three sets of 10 on each side.
- Repeat this exercise 3 times a week.
Note: Remember to keep your back and upper body straight, and don’t bend your knees too much.
2. Dumbbell Squats
Squats are one of the best exercises for wider hips. They target the inner and outer hips, promoting muscle growth in those areas.
Apart from increasing your hip size, squats also tone your thigh muscles. There are different types of squats, but dumbbell squats are the most effective.
- Stand straight, holding a pair of dumbbells with your arms extended next to your sides and your palms facing inward.
- Keep your head up, brace your abs, push your hips back and bend your knees.
- Slowly lower your body into a squat, with your hands remaining next to your sides.
- Hold this position for a few seconds.
- Then, push back up to the starting position.
- Repeat 10 to 15 times or more as recommended by your trainer.
- Do this exercise 3 times a week.
Note: Keep your abs tight throughout the exercise to stabilize your spine.
This simple exercise, which involves just basic stepping up and down, is effective for developing a number of muscles in your lower body, including your major butt muscle – the gluteus maximus. It also helps keep the muscles in your legs toned.
- Place a sturdy step or bench in front of you.
- Stand near it with your back, legs and arms straight, feet hip-width apart.
- With an exhale, step up onto the center of the step with your right leg and keep the other leg behind you for balance.
- Inhale and slowly bend your right knee, then step back down to complete one round.
- Do 5 to 10 rounds with one leg, then switch to the other leg.
- Do this exercise for at least 20 minutes once daily.
To make the workout more effective, you can also hold weights (barbells or dumbbells) in each hand with your palms facing your body.
4. Basic Donkey Kicks
For wider hips, another effective exercise is the basic donkey kick. As this simple exercise strengthens your gluteus muscles, it helps you enjoy bigger buttocks, too.
- Get down on a mat on your hands and knees.
- Keeping your head straight, position your hands below your shoulders and keep your knees and hips aligned.
- Now, lift your right leg up, keeping the rest of the body as it is.
- Stretch your foot as much as you can, without moving your body.
- Return to the starting position.
- Perform the same steps with the left leg.
- Do at least 8 repetitions on both legs.
- Do this exercise at least 3 times a week.