Because the winter is approaching actually quick, many individuals fear about their dry and scaly elbows. It’s a standard and actually annoying downside. If the dryness is extreme, the world might even grow to be very itchy.
The pores and skin across the elbows is way thicker than on the remainder of the physique and has fewer oil glands to maintain the pores and skin moist. The cool, dry winter climate sucks the moisture not simply out of the air but additionally out of your pores and skin. Aside from climate, there will be many different the explanation why your elbows have grow to be dry and scaly.
Frequent motion when bending your arms makes the pores and skin across the elbows prone to turning into dry, scaly (crusty) and tough.
Different causes embody spending loads of time in a pool, utilizing chemical-enriched skincare merchandise, taking sizzling baths or showers, publicity to ultraviolet (UV) rays of the solar, and central heating techniques and fireplaces that dry out the indoor air.
In some instances, dry pores and skin could also be a symptom of an underlying medical situation like diabetes, eczema, scleroderma, dermatitis or psoriasis.
It doesn’t matter what causes your elbows to grow to be dry and scaly, you possibly can take steps to assist return your elbows to their pure mushy and easy state.
Listed here are the highest 10 methods to do away with dry and scaly elbows.
Exfoliating your elbows is the primary and most necessary step for eliminating dry and scaly pores and skin. Exfoliating removes the lifeless pores and skin cells and exposes wholesome pores and skin beneath. It would additionally enhance the pores and skin tone.
It’s endorsed to exfoliate whereas taking a shower or bathe, when your pores and skin is moist and heat. You should utilize a loofah, tough washcloth, exfoliating glove or perhaps a pumice stone to exfoliate the tough pores and skin.
It doesn’t matter what you utilize for exfoliating, do it gently. Tough dealing with will solely exacerbate the issue.
After exfoliating, wash the world effectively with cool water, pat your elbows dry after which rub in a number of drops of olive oil or some moisturizing lotion to revive moisture.
Exfoliate your pores and skin a couple of times every week solely, and less than that.
2. Petroleum Jelly
Petroleum jelly, a standard merchandise in practically each drugs cupboard, is one other very efficient agent to cope with dry, itchy elbows. Its moisturizing property may help fight the dry scales of pores and skin.
Additionally, this thick emollient acts as a barrier on the pores and skin and seals in moisture to assist rehydrate your pores and skin.
- Earlier than going to mattress, wash your elbows completely with lukewarm water and gently pat dry your pores and skin.
- Apply a thick layer of petroleum jelly in your elbows.
- Cowl your elbows with stretchy tennis wristbands and fall asleep.
- The subsequent morning, use heat water to clean off any petroleum jelly that continues to be in your elbows.
- Repeat day by day.
three. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is very moisturizing in nature, and therefore very efficient for treating dry and scaly elbows.
It has vitamin E that may assist lighten the pores and skin tone together with lowering dryness. The oil can be efficient at repairing darkish and broken pores and skin.
- Barely heat up some coconut oil in a microwave.
- Liberally rub the nice and cozy oil in your elbows.
- Gently therapeutic massage your elbows, so the oil penetrates deep into the pores and skin.
- Do that after having a shower and once more earlier than going to mattress.
- Do that day by day till your dry elbows grow to be easy.
As a substitute of coconut oil, you too can use olive or almond oil.
four. Olive Oil and Brown Sugar
The gritty texture of brown sugar and the moisturizing property of olive oil make mixture to organize a selfmade scrub. Whereas the brown sugar will assist exfoliate the dry pores and skin from the elbows, olive oil will deeply moisturize the pores and skin.
- In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup of brown sugar with about ¼ cup of olive oil.
- Combine the 2 substances completely till you get a uniform consistency.
- Optionally, add a little bit honey.
- Therapeutic massage the scrub into your elbows in light, round motions for a couple of minutes.
- Depart it on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the scrub off with lukewarm water.
- Use this selfmade scrub a couple of times every week.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is an incredible pure moisturizer that may assist cope with dry and scaly elbows. It might preserve the pores and skin moisturized in addition to deal with broken pores and skin cells, if the issue is because of extreme solar publicity. It additionally helps even out your pores and skin tone.
- Extract the gel from a fleshy aloe vera leaf.
- Apply the gel in your elbows.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes, then wash it off with heat water.
- Repeat 1 or 2 instances day by day for a number of weeks.
Honey is an incredible pure moisturizer in your dry and scaly elbows. It penetrates deep contained in the pores and skin to maintain it moisturized. Additionally, being a pure humectant, it helps your pores and skin retain moisture.
- Apply uncooked, natural honey in your elbows. Depart it on for 20 minutes. Wash it off with heat water. Repeat this treatment 1 or 2 instances day by day to treatment dry elbows quick.
- Alternatively, combine collectively equal quantities of honey and complete milk. Apply it in your dry pores and skin. Wait 10 minutes, then take a bathe. Repeat day by day, or as wanted.