Ache disrupts our each day life and messes with our routine. Sore muscle tissues and achy joints could be exhausting to bear, particularly if it’s a continual drawback.
Such illnesses are sometimes attributable to extreme exercise, staying in a single place for too lengthy, exhaustive working hours, heavy lifting, improper posture or just growing old. Ache may also be a symptom of many underlying circumstances, similar to arthritis or fibromyalgia.
Ache drugs can solely final so lengthy, and they’re additionally fairly costly. As well as, they could have negative effects that can additional wreak havoc in your each day life. These negative effects might embody nausea, a rash, abdomen upset, heartburn and fatigue. When taken in excessive doses, some drugs may trigger liver harm and enhance the danger of coronary heart assault.
This DIY pain balm is an economical option that will help alleviate pain in your joints and muscles as well as reduce inflammation. The various ingredients used in this recipe lend different properties to the balm.
Here are the benefits of a few of the ingredients:
- Camphor has anti-inflammatory properties that help relieve pain and inflammation.
- Peppermint oil has cooling properties, which relieves sore muscles and has a calming effect on the body.
- Arnica oil helps reduce inflammation, and its analgesic properties help numb the pain. It is used to treat pains, bruises, sprains and other ailments.
- Clove oil also has analgesic qualities for pain relief. It also relaxes sore muscles.
How to Make Homemade Pain Balm
Things you’ll need:
- Extra-virgin coconut oil – ¼ cup
- Grated beeswax – 2 tablespoons (or 1 ounce)
- Camphor – 1 tablespoon or 10 to 12 balls
- Peppermint essential oil – 9 drops
- Arnica essential oil – 7 drops
- Clove essential oil – 5 drops
- Sterile storage container
1. Measure out ¼ cup of extra-virgin coconut oil and put it in a bowl.
2. Add 2 tablespoons (or 1 ounce) of pure grated beeswax to it.
3. Heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until the ingredients are completely melted.
4. Add 10 to 12 camphor balls to the mixture, and microwave for 20 seconds or until the balls dissolve completely.
5. Add 9 drops of peppermint, 7 drops of arnica and 5 drops of clove essential oils.
6. Mix the contents thoroughly using a wooden stick. This mixture can stubbornly adhere to metal utensils.
7. Transfer it to a sterile storage container.
8. Leave it for a few hours at room temperature to cool down.